For the Purpose of Filling
- 575 gram of Bramley apple (3 medium sized apples), properly peeled, cored and finely sliced to 1cm thick
- 2 tablespoon of golden sugar (caster)
For the Crumble
- 1 tablespoon of properly rolled fresh oats
- 110g of sugar of golden caster
- 175g of plain flour
- 1 tablespoon of Demerara sugar
- 110g of dairy free spread ( you can also use Vitalite)
- Oat based cream (vegan) or fresh & pure custard, for the purpose of serving
- Heat the oven. Before you move on to further process for making your dish. Don’t forget to pick a properly working oven. After picking the oven, preheat it to a temperature to 190 degrees Celsius. Preheating the oven can save your valuable time. While preheating it, make sure that it does not get overheated. Otherwise, it will result in the overcooking of the dish, which will ultimately alter the taste of the dish.
- Toss the fresh apples. Now, toss the fresh apples with 2 tablespoons of golden caster sugar. And then, put it in a 23cm of a round dish of baking which is at least 5 cm in depth, or a 20 cm squared dish. And thereafter, flatten it down just with your hand.
- Mix the sugar and flour. For the topping of crumble, mix the sugar and flour in a medium-sized bowl. Mix with a medium pinch of pure salt. Then, rub the spread in with your tips of a finger. And rub it until the mix looks like a well moist breadcrumb. Now, shake the small sized bowl and any big sized bits will come up on the surface. Rub these bits also.
- Pour the crumble. Pour the obtained crumble mixture over the fresh apples in order to form a pile in the center. After this, use a fork in order to even out. Now, gently press its surface with forks’ back so that the crumble holds together and becomes crispy. Then slightly bring the fork over the top of the surface for giving a decorative finish. Thereafter, sprinkle Demerara sugar and the oats over it evenly.
- Give the final touch. Place it on a tray of baking and then put in the oven for about 40 minutes. Until the top has become golden and the fresh apples look very soft. Check it by inserting a toothpick or sharp knife. Leave it to cool for about 10 minutes before serving the dish. Now, serve the dish.
- You can also use any other flour in place of plain flour.
- If you want to preserve the dish, keep it in a refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.