- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- I pound chicken breasts cut in half inch thick slices
- I cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups florets of broccoli
- 1 yellow onion cut into half inch thick slices
- 1 bell pepper cut in half inch thick slices
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- Your preferred seasoning blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- ¾ cup of chicken broth
- Green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Heat two tablespoons of olive in a skillet on medium to high heat. Add the mushrooms, broccoli, and bell pepper to the heated oil. Cook this for five to six minutes till the vegetables appear to be tender and cooked properly.
- When the vegetables have been cooked properly removed it from the pan and transfer this on the plate. Thereafter, cover it with the help of a foil to keep it from getting cold. This will also keep the vegetables juicy.
- Clean and wipe the pan and then add another tablespoon of oil over on high flame. Add the chicken to the pan in one layer and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook the chicken for three to four minutes on each side till the chicken has a brown color and is cooked properly.
- Lower the heat of the pan and add the minced garlic to the fried chicken. Cook for another 30 seconds so that the garlic leaves it flavor on the chicken. When the chicken and garlic is cooked through and leave a smell of garlic, add the vegetables, kept aside back to the pan. Add your preferred seasoning to the chicken and vegetables. Let it cook for one minute.
- In the meantime, take a bowl and add sugar, chicken broth, sesame oil, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Whisk it properly to form a consistent mixture. Pour this mixture over the cooked chicken and vegetables and simmer the flame. Keep it for one to two minutes until the sauce is thick enough. Take it out of the heat and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions. Serve with hot in a bowl with brown rice.
NOTES – You can also have it with noodles or pasta.