- 1 lb of boneless chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup of whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoon of chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoons of paprika, pepper
- Salt to taste, extra tarragon for garnish
- Prepare the mustard first. Mix together the wholegrain mustard with paprika, lemon juice, tarragon, garlic and salt, and pepper. Mix them well. Or else, you can first dip the mustard in water and soak them for some time like 5 to 10 minutes. Now, grind the mustard a bit till you see the black coverings come out a little. Now, repeat the above mixture.
- Preheat the oven to around 220 degrees C or 450 degrees F. Allowing the oven to get preheated means you can cook the food by the watch. Different ovens need different time to come to the temperature, and this can confuse the actual time for cooking.
- Mix the chicken. After you have done with preparing the sauce, coat the chicken tenders well generously with the sauce. You can simply mix them all over.
- Now, place all the mixture including the chicken in them into a large baking dish. Cover it up. Now, place it in the preheated oven for like 20 to 30 minutes. To check if it is done, cut one of the pieces halfway through. If the juices are clear and not runny, and the meat looks done, you are all good. Remove it. Garnish with leftover tarragon.
- There is no oil or sugar, so it is completely healthy.
- You can serve this tender with brown rice or spinach. Or, you can toss it with leftover veggies and leafy vegetables together for a nice meal.
- The chicken tenders are super easy o bake if you keep an eye on them. Overcooking will dry them up.