- About a 3 pounds chicken, whole (skinned and cleaned)
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic powder
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 cup seasoning
- 2 to 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
This is a nice German and US kind of preparation wherein you cook the complete chicken and not by cutting it into small pieces. The baking process makes it easy to cook. It is a one of the great ideas for a wholesome meal without giving much into it.
- Preheat the oven. Set it to 350 degrees F. This will take some time and meanwhile, we can prepare the other things.
- Bring a large plate. Clean your hands properly. Put the whole chicken in it. Get a spoon to spread the oil around it, massaging with one hand and pouring with the other. Use about 2 spoons. Now, use a spoon seasoning to spread the seasoning over the chicken. Keep massaging over the chicken with the other hand.
- Now, pour rest of the oil and seasoning on the plate. Use both hands to massage it and coat every corner of the chicken with it. Add salt and pepper and massage it well.
- Put it in a tray, uncovered and bake for like 1 hr or so. Check after that and bake some more if needed. Cut with a scissor and serve hot topped with celery.
Always keep it wrapped in aluminum foil. This makes it easier to cook evenly and stay moist and juicy.