Sometimes eating pizza can be a very unhealthy practice, however, children love to eat pizza and therefore it becomes almost impossible to say no to them. However, to please the kids, you could definitely try out this healthy pizza recipe. This recipe includes various kinds of vegetable, so that your kids can munch on green veggies without them nagging or cribbing. That apart you could simply recreate this pizza dish for all your vegetarian buddies whenever they drop in at your place. This recipe is really simple and will definitely be a hit with your friends and family. For other Gluten Free Pizza Recipes check here.
For the dough
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of water as per the need
- 5 teaspoons of instant or dry active yeast
- Half teaspoon of salt
- Quarter teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
For the sauce
- 2 cups of tomato puree made from 3 to 4 medium sized tomatoes
- Finely chopped 4 to 5 garlic, chopped
- On and a half teaspoon of crushed dry basil leaves
- One and a half Fresh or dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of white wine (this is an optional step)
- One-fourth teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1 small or medium sized onion, chopped in 1/2inch squares.
- Nicely diced bell peppers in all colors
- 1 medium sized tomato, diced finely
- 7 to 8 button mushrooms (optional)
- Freshly cut olives
- Half a cup of mozzarella cheese
- Wheat or semolina for dusting
Instructions to prepare the dough
Takes some warm water anywhere between 40 to 45 degrees and add the sugar to it. You will need to stir till the sugar dissolves and add the yeast to it. Stir well so that the yeast dissolves. While using dry yeast, give it 10 to 15 minutes covered to become active. Next, add one cup of the whole wheat flour, salt and olive oil to mix it up till everything is properly whisked together. Next, add the remaining flour and continue to knead the dough. The dough needs to added water and kneaded till at least 8 minutes. The dough next needs to be rubbed with olive oil and covered with a cotton cloth and left for at least for an hour or two.
Preparing the sauce for the pizza
The tomatoes need to be chopped and pureed after which a pan needed to be heated with some olive oil inside it. Next, add a sauté the garlic followed by the pureed tomatoes. In case you are using red wine, try to use it once the tomatoes are properly cooked. Once the cooking is completed, the basil, oregano, salt and pepper need to be added to the mixture. Cool the mixture and keep it in a jar aside.
Assembling the dough
First up grease a 9 inch diameter pan and dust it with some flour. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for at least 20 minutes, with a rolling pin, roll the pizza carefully and place it on the pan. Brush some olive oil on, and then pour in the pizza sauce on it, followed by a layer of your favorite vegetables. With that added some cheese on top of it and pop it inside the oven. Bake the pizza for 12 to 15 minutes till it looks golden brown.