- 1 lb/pound or 0.5 kg of ground beef
- 4 cups of shredded or finely chopped cabbage
- 1 can of tomato with chillies
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 4 oz of cream
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- In a large frying pan or skillet fry the meat with the taco seasoning. Cook until it turns brown or golden brown in color. You can get the fragrance of cooked meat and then you know it is done. DO not overcook it because it has to go into the pot for slow cooking.
- Prepare the cabbage. Take a large size green cabbage. Wash it properly with salt if required and take a large cutting board. With a sharp knife cut them into fine slices, chop it at random. Otherwise, take a grating board, and grate at medium fine length thickness. Either one works fine.
- Prepare the big pot. To start with the slow cooker, get a large 4-quart sized pot or cooker. Add vegetables and meat to the cooker. Now, having the meat brown, add the cabbage, tomatoes, taco mix, the beef mixture prepared just above, cream and cheese to the pot. Cook for at least 4 hours at medium heat. Mix well before serving.
- You can keep some of the cheddar and add it at the end on top. It melts due to heat and looks great. Serve it with rice for a wholesome meal.
- You can use pre-chopped veggies if you wish. But, having prepared them at home is easy. Better go with freshly chopped vegetables and meat. You can also prepare ground beef at home. You can use chicken, turkey or a combination of them too.