- 12 oz cauliflower rice
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 and 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 2 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the oven first. Preheat the oven to about 350 for 175 C. Take a 2.5-quart baking dish and place the cauliflower rice in it. Put it in the oven for like 4 to 5 minutes. After cooking, you might set it aside and drain any excess water.
- Take a big skillet now. Cook the ground pork or meat. Use as a medium heat and until they are brown. This must take about 7 to 10 minutes in a large pot. Now drain it, stir in the tomato sauce, pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare the cheese. Take both of them in a small bowl. Add the onions to it. Pour the mixture into the cauliflower rice now. Don’t forget to mix them well and not spread on the top.
- Pour the beef. Now, take about half of the beef mixture and pour it into the cauliflower rice dish. Spread it evenly with a spoon. Top it now with cheddar cheese of about 1 tablespoon. Keep repeating the same till the mixture lasts.
- Finally, you have to put the baking dish back into the oven. Set it at the same preheated temperature. Bake for like 20 minutes now.
NOTES – When you take it right out of the oven, it is watery. Let it sit for some time. You can even refrigerate it for overnight, and then reheat before you serve. Also, a combination of ground chicken, beef, pork or turkey can be used, even alone.