- 2 medium size zucchini
- Ground beef 1½ pounds
- Garlic, minced 2 cloves
- Diced tomatoes along with green chilies, Mexican style 10 ounces
- Chili powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin grounded 1 tsp
- Black pepper ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Onion powder, half tsp
- Flakes of red pepper flakes, crushed ¼ tsp
This ground beef and zucchini recipe is a low carb one and it is simple to prepare it. It has easily available ingredients. You can prepare it anytime and enjoy it with friends and family. The dish can be best enjoyed with rice or bread. It is a perfect dinner recipe for dinner time.
- Take two medium size zucchini and cut it into cubes or slice it. Keep it aside. Put a skillet on the stove, sprinkle oil in it and put ground beef in a skillet for cooking. Cook grounded beef till it gets the brown color and cooked perfectly.
- Take diced tomatoes chopped in Mexican style with green chilis. If you are making it for the first time, learn how to prepare diced tomatoes chopped in Mexican style with green chilis first. It is easy or you can replace it with diced tomatoes or salsa.
- Add tomatoes and other spices. Cover skillet with the lid and allow everything to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cubed size cut zucchini in skillet and cover it with lid. Cook everything for another 10 minutes. You have to cook the zucchini way that it is cooked perfectly but still firm. Once done, remove it from gas and serve it how with rice or bread of choice.
- Use fresh zucchini for great taste.
- You can add more spices to enhance the taste of zucchini and beef.