- ½ pound boneless pork chops
- 1 pound of crimson mushrooms, nicely diced
- 2 teaspoon of olive oil
- ¾ cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- salt and pepper to taste
This is a great dish as its guilt free. There is less oil. It is good for health and you will love it with your whole family on a weekend lunch or dinner. The process requires just one skillet and no more utensils to look for. It is great for alone.
- Start with a skillet. Add the pork chops lightly salted beforehand. Heat the oil and add the chops for searing. It will take 2 to 3 minutes. Remove them and set them aside. It may need 2 to 3 rounds for all of them.
- Add a little oil. This time does the same with the mushrooms. It should take around 5 minutes till they turn a nice brown. Sprinkle some flour on top of it. It will get absorbed soon.
- Add the broth. Add the stock, vegetable or chicken, are both ok. Keep stirring and scraping the bottom of the skillet frequently. Reduce the heat to medium now.
- Add the chops. Bring the chops now. Add to the skillet that has all things ready. It will take about 20 minutes to cook at low heat. You can taste and cook for some more time as required.
Add leftover stock always. You can serve this with freshly cooked rice for sure.
Do not cook without stirring. It can lead to the creation of lumps at the bottom. Scrape the bottom with the spatula while cooking the gravy.