- About 1 and 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese, prepare fresh, drain well
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 large lemons zest
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- About 1 pound of your favorite pasta
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
This is a nice idea combining and using ricotta cheese as a sauce mix for pasta. Making the pasta is great since it has well-written instructions over its pack. It is nice for couples or cooking something for yourself only.
- Bring a large pot. Cook the pasta by reading the instructions over its pack. Usually, boil the water by adding some sea salt. Add the pasta and let it cook for sometime.
- Take another bowl. Prepare the ricotta sauce by adding the cheese, lemon zest, pepper, salt, and some oil if you have. Mix it well. You can gently put the bowl over the flame to melt the cheese; else follow the next step directly.
- Mix pasta now. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it well. Add the pasta to the cheese mix. Since the pasta is still warm, it will start to blend with the ricotta. Stir it well with a spoon.
- Serve hot. You can spread some pepper or tomato ketchup at the end too.
You can prepare the ricotta fresh by following instructions on the can. Warm it gently and mix it well. Add some parmesan to it for taste.
Do not overcook the pasta, keep it tender and chewy.