- About 1 pound of pasta, your favorite
- About 2 cups of Ricotta cheese
- About 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 large lemon, grated
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Cooking oil, your favorite
This is a nice idea for a weekend dish if you ask. All there is to it is this. Boil the pasta as per the packet adding some sauce and keeping it well. If you are alone and can put it together, you have a hearty meal at your disposal. Pair it with some drink, and you can go to bed.
- Bring a large pot. First, bring a large pot and add water and some salt. Let it boil and then add the pasta to it. Keep cooking it at medium heat for like 5 minutes or so.
- Prepare the sauce. Take the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice and stir them in a bowl. Slightly place the bowl over the cooking pot of pasta and gently stir it. This will melt some cheese and the mixture will become well blended.
- Drain the pasta. When the pasta has been cooked well, drain it and keep it aside. Pour all of it to the bowl with the cheese mix. Finally, add some chili flakes, basil and any other dash of hot sauce if you want, toss it well. Serve hot.
If you have cooked the pasta by looking at the instructions over its pack, already, you can save time.