- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1/3 cup sweetened yogurt
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- nbsp; 10 fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed walnuts
If you are looking for an easy-to-make strawberry drink, you would definitely enjoy making this smoothie that combines the freshness of yogurt and nutrients of bananas. The flavorsome and creamy recipe can be best enjoyed with your family. Although the process of extra sweetening is intended to impress the kids, you can make adjustments to cut down the sugary part.
- Wash the frozen strawberries and chop them into pieces. If you are using fresh strawberries remove the leafy part and wash before dicing. Add the pieces into a mixing bowl. Note that, frozen strawberries are often richer in nutrients.
- Peel the ripe banana and dice into pieces. Add them into the bowl. Also, pour the low-fat milk and mix the ingredients with a spoon. If you want a thick smoothie you can replace the fresh banana with a frozen one. If the banana is quite sweet you can avoid adding extra sugar.
- Add sweetened yogurt and sugar to the mixture. You can adjust the quantity of sugar used as per your preference.
- Add pumpkin seeds and transfer the mixture into a blender. Change the settings to high-power blending and turn on the blender. Blend for around 40 seconds and pour the smoothie into tall glasses. Garnish with walnuts and serve immediately.
- You can add almond butter or peanut butter to the mixture before blending to make the smoothie thicker and delicious.
- You can add fruits like ripe grapes instead of sugar for making it naturally sweet.
People who are allergic to nuts should not use peanut butter, almond butter, or walnut mentioned in this recipe.