- 1 pack phyllo pastry
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 green chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ¼ cm piece of ginger
- ¾ teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
Vegan samosa recipe is one of the golden recipes every vegan food lover must know. The reason why this thing is great is that the taste remains almost the same as the normal samosa recipes and it is easy to make as well.
- To make the skin of potatoes tender, boil them. After removing and cooling, remove the skin.
- Dice the ginger and chili. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil, include the cumin seeds and keep frying until the aromatic essence is released and have got darken in shade. Add the ginger and chili and continue to fry for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Lower the heat; add garam masala, chili, fennel, and coriander. Let it cook for one or two minutes. Add the diced potatoes, mango powder, and peas. Heat the oven beforehand. Sheets of phyllo pastry is taken up and place it right in front of you and brush it with olive oil.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of potatoes and place it over your phyllo strip. Hold the bottom and ensure that is folded in order to meet the edge at the top, forming a triangle. Now, fold the triangle over the flat side to preserve the shape. Continue it until you reach the last strip of the pastry.
- Brush it with oil or water. After doing that with every sheet of phyllo pastry, bake the samosas on a baking pan for twenty minutes.
You can use lemon as well if you don’t have mango powder.
Be careful with the oven; make sure to cover your hands with gloves.