- Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 slices of bread, your favorite
- 2 large eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
This is a great breakfast which is both vegetarian with eggs. It is a great breakfast for couples with little time to cook. It is also great for a family weekend breakfast. Once can have them paired with some drink, fresh fruit juice too.
- Start with a bowl. Beat the eggs for a nice creamy touch. If you wish, you can keep the eggs whole and skip this step too. For some, you can just use the egg whites or just the egg yolk, as you like. There are several ways to do so.
- Take the two bread slices. You can toast them in a toaster. If you like, you can even heat them in an oven for 2 minutes. A minute on each side. You can have them fresh too.
- Take a non-stick plate. Grease it a bit with the olive oil. Make two holes in the bread and place them in the tray. Now, crack the eggs and put them in the holes, one each. Or, pour half of the beaten egg in them.
- Cover it and cook it for two minutes in the oven. Spread some salt and pepper, and parsley and serve hot.
Both the pieces of bread and the eggs can be prepared as you like. You can have them raw, whole eggs or simply egg white.
Do not cook the bread slices in the oven for long if you like the eggs little creamy and soft.