- Grounded graham crackers (2½ cups)
- Sugar (½ cup)
- Melted butter that is unsalted (½ cup)
- Milk hole (2 cups)
- Large sized eggs (2)
- Sugar that is white (1/3 cup)
- Salt (½ teaspoon)
- Extract of vanilla (½ teaspoon)
- Grounded cinnamon (¼ teaspoon)
- Large sized eggs (3)
- Cream of tartar (1 pinch)
- Sugar that is white and granulated (¼ cup)
A very delicious pie that is baked until firm has an amazing base of custard. It is a very good dessert for a date at home with your loved one.
- For the crust, heat the oven beforehand to 350°F. Take a medium sized bowl and mix the crumbs of graham cracker, butter, and salt. Blend these well. Then, evenly compress this mixture on the lower and upper end of a pie dish measuring 9 inches. Bake this mold for about 10 minutes until it sets in a brown crispy shade. Then, keep it aside and let it cool off fully.
- For the custard, take a saucepan and add milk to it and heat it till it boils. Then turn off the flame and take a bowl and beat eggs into it. Add sugar and salt and whisk it.
- In segments of ¼ per cup, add hot milk while you whisk to temper down the mixture of the egg. Add vanilla and whisk it again. On the already ready crust of the pie, pour this custard using a sieve. Drizzle cinnamon over the custard.
- Put the oven on 425°F and bake this on the bottom shelf of the oven for about 25 minutes. Make sure the crust is firm and set and then only remove it from the oven. Now you have to set this pie on a rack to cool off.
- Lastly, now make the meringue. Take a large-sized bowl and start beating egg whites into it till foamy texture is seen. Now slowly add sugar and beat the mix alongside till foam is there. Spread this meringue on the already cooked custard and put in the oven and wait for the meringue to be brown. This will take around 15 minutes. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate any residual pie.
- Add milk very gradually. Adding all of the mixtures of eggs at once will make it scrambled eggs instead.
- Do not preserve the pie outside of the refrigerator.
- Do not eat it hot.