If you have a wonderful kitchen, then it makes sense for you to prepare tasty pizzas at home this winter than to depend on home delivered or frozen pizzas.
Yummy Turkey Pizza
If you have leftover turkey and cranberry sauce left over after a party, then make use of it to make mouth watering homemade pizzas.
- 2 Ready-made Pizza base
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of cranberry and caramelized onion sauce
- ½ cup of turkey, cut into ½ inch cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 500ºF and place a pizza stone inside.
- Place the pizza on the hot pizza stone and cook it for a minute.
- Take it out and put all the ingredients and then top with cheese.
- Place pizza back in oven and cook till the cheese gets completely melted.
- Add salt and pepper and serve hot.
Chicken and Tomato Salsa Pizza
This is a yummy and tasty winter pizza recipe that you can treat your entire family. If you do not like non vegetarian and want to make a tasty pizza like dish for winter with vegetables, then visit this article A Great Dish for a Winter Diet.
- 2 ready-made pizza crust
- 2 yellow tomatoes (chopped without seeds)
- ¼ cup red onions (chopped)
- 340 grams of chicken breast (low fat and cut)
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp grill seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (dried)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- ½ jalapeno pepper (finely chopped without seeds)
- ½ lime (extract its juice)
- 225 grams of grated brick pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Also, heat the ready-made pizza dough for a minute in the oven.
- In a small blow, add paprika, chili powder, grill seasoning and cayenne pepper and mix well. Now, press the chicken breast pieces in this special seasoning and mix well.
- To a hot pan, add oil and cook this chicken for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the chicken pieces.
- Mix together tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, thyme and onions. Crush the garlic clove and extract its paste. Add it to the tomato salsa mixture. Add the zest and ½ lime juice and mix the salsa well.
- Scatter the marinated chicken pieces, salsa mix and cheese on the ready made pizzas in equal quantities from the center towards the edges of the pizzas.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 10 to 125 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted. The pizza must also look crisp and golden brown on the top.
- Remove from the oven. Cut into quarter pieces and serve hot.
The above two recipes can be easily made at home if you have the ingredients handy with you. You can also make your own pizza dough and then add ingredients to make a complete homemade pizza meal. There is no doubt that your kids and other family members will love to eat these hot and delicious pizzas during winter.