- 1 medium size egg
- Bread slices any bread, white or brown (it should be thick)
- Milk (2 tbsp)
- Salt ¼ tbsp
- Maple syrup or sugar (1 tbsp)
- Butter (according to the requirement)
French toast is a popular breakfast recipe consumed all over the world. To best cook the French toast we recommend you to use at least one-day-old bread. And the bread that does not have big pores or egg that enters inside the pores will make it soggy and it won’t be well cooked.
- This is an optional step. Take all three bread slices and heat it on the firm to make it firm. If your bread is not fresh and does not have moisture, you can skip this step.
- Take a big size bowl and break the egg in it. Now, add salt, sugar, and milk in it. Beat the mix well and then add a pinch of cinnamon powder, this will give a great flavor to the bread. If you do not have cinnamon powder, anything to worry, you can use cardamom powder instead.
- Firmly whisk this mix until it becomes frothy. Now, take a slice of bread, dip it in the egg mix partially from both sides. Wipe off extra dipping. Meanwhile, put a pan on the stove and add some butter in it. Transfer the dipped bread in the pan to roast bread in butter.
- It is important that you nice roast the bread make it crispy. Roast it from both sides. Once it gets the golden brown colors, remove it from the pan and serve it hot with maple syrup.
- You can put a small amount of honey on bread to add taste.
- Cook the bread at medium to a low temperature to avoid burning of bread.
- If you are using the fresh bread follow the first step.