Gluten Free Corn Casserole Recipes
- 5 eggs
- 1/3rd cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 15 ounces can of whole kernel corn
- 1 14 ounces can of cream-style corn e.g. Del Monte because it is gluten-free
- 4 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Prepare the oven first. So, we start with preheating the oven to about 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C first. The preheating helps maintain the cooking temperatures to the right degrees so that the cooking time is clocked accurately. Also, grease a 9×13 casserole dish with some butter. Note: Do not use parchment paper.
- Now, take a large bowl for the mixture. Having set the oven, take a large bowl and start with beating the eggs. You can use a mixer/whisker at low speeds. You have to do it just lightly. Add the melted butter, the sugar, and the milk. Continue whisking the mixture. Now, add cornstarch, and continue whisking the mixture still. Now, it’s time to add corn and creamed corn, and still continue with the whisking.
- Blend well. The mixture must blend well with rest of it. This is important here. Pour the mixture after you are done into the casserole dish.
- Start baking now. Bake the dish for about an hour. There is no harm in timing it exactly. A minute more or less is fine.
NOTES – This dish can be refrigerated too. It is ok to serve it cool as a dessert. Adding a few drops of chocolate syrup as topping or strawberries is a great idea.