Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 8 ounce of freshly diced mushrooms
- ¼ cup of finely diced sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons of sweet rice flour, gluten-free
- 1 cup of chicken broth, gluten-free and low in sodium
- 1 cup of whole milk or light cream
- ½ teaspoon of salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of white pepper or salt to taste
- Freshly sliced basil leaves (optional)
- Freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Take a 3 quarter saucepan, place medium to high heat and add butter. Add diced onions and mushrooms. Saute the mushroom and onion.
- Sprinkle the gluten-free sweet rice flour over the sauteed veggies. Stir to mix the rice with the vegetables evenly. Do not stir too much as it might the vegetables soggy. Keep cooking the mixture of vegetables and sweet rice flour while stirring from time to time.
- Now, take the gluten free and low sodium chicken broth and add it to the mix in the saucepan. Lower the flame and stir the broth to blend. Bring it to boil and increase the flame to medium.
- Once the broth boils, add cream and keep cooking on medium flame. Allow it to cook till the soup is thick enough. Now, add salt and white pepper powder to taste. Taste to adjust the seasoning. If you want it to be creamier, add some more milk or cream. Also, add more salt if necessary.
- Take it out and use an immersion blender to puree it and get a smooth and creamy soup. Pour it in a bowl and serve hot with chopped parsley and basil leaves. If you want, you can preserve it in the fridge by keeping it covered.
- Always make sure that the utensils, work surface, tools, and pans are free of gluten. This way you will have a better tasting dish.
- Read the labels of the product carefully before using them. This is because manufacturers might change the formulation of the products without informing the customers. In case you are in doubt, do not buy a product. If necessary get in touch with the manufacturer to make sure that the product doesn’t contain gluten.