- 1 tablespoon + ½ cup orange mango juice
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 ½ tablespoon of minced Habanero pepper
- ½ cup of coconut aminos
- ½ tablespoon of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 medium sweet potatoes chopped into wedges
- 1 LB chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 2 teaspoons of Tapioca starch
- 1 large cubed mango
- 1 ½ tablespoon of sweet coconut flakes
- Green onion
- Whisk ½ cup of orange mango juice reserving the rest for later use along with ginger, garlic, coconut milk, coconut aminos, habanero, and salt at the bottom of 7 quarter crock pot. Lay out the sweet potato wedges evenly over the sauce mix.
- Take the chicken breast and lay it on a plate. Sprinkle both the sides with a pinch of salt, curry powder, and pepper. Rub it over the chicken. Now, lay the chicken over the sauce and potato wedges. Cover the cooker and cook it on a low flame till the potatoes are soft and chicken breast is tender enough. This will take 6-7 hours.
- Use a slotted spoon for removing the breast of chicken along with the sweet potatoes on a large pot. Take another bowl; add the remaining two teaspoons of tapioca and three of juice until it is creamy and smooth. Whisk the mixture and then add it to the sauce in the cooker. Mix it evenly.
- Place the chicken and sweet potatoes in the slow cooker and cover it. Place it on high flame. Cook for one more hour till the sauce is thick and nice. This will also make the chicken is juicy enough.
- While the sauce is cooking, heat the oven to 350 degrees and take the coconut flakes and spread it on a baking sheet. Bake it for 2-4 minutes or till it is golden brown. As the sauce thickens, divide the sweet potatoes and chicken into four bowls. Divide the toasted coconut flakes and cubed mango on a bowl.
- Garnish with green onion and cilantro along with the remaining sauce inside the cooker. Serve it hot and enjoy.
NOTES – To ensure, it is whole, use coconut milk that doesn’t have sulfites. If you do not like heat, use only 1 teaspoon of pepper.