Gluten Free Turkey Stuffing Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 onions
- fresh sage, a few sprigs
- 4 parsnips
- a tablespoon of apple cider
- 1 lemon
- 2 apples
- 8 sausages
- 200g of bread, gluten-free
- 1 large egg, free range
- Preheat oven. This is a recipe that does not take long. Before you get the ingredients together, keep the oven ready by preheating it to 190ºC. Prepare a baking dish. Take one that is about 20 cm and add little amount of oil on it.
- Get the vegetables ready. Start by peeling the onions and finely chopping them. Once that is done pick the sage herb from the sprigs. Once that is done, wash and peel the parsnips and chop them up. Along with the parsnips chop the apples as well into chunks about one centimeter in thickness.
- Prepare the stuffing. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan after it is heated to medium level. Add in the onions in the oil and sauté for a time period of 5 minutes. Allow the onions to be softened but they should not turn crisp. This would be a good time to add in the sage; shred the leaves and add them to the pan along with parsnips. Sauté till the vegetables are softened. At this time add on cider, sea salt, and pepper.
- Cook vegetables for some time. Once the seasonings are added, put a lid on the pan and lave at low heat. This will allow the vegetables to soften. Once parsnips are softened, add in the apples. Cover and cook for some time. This will allow the apples to soften as well. Remove from heat. This should be done after all the vegetables and fruits have softened in the gravy. Transfer to a bowl. Allow the temperature to come down.
- Prepare the meat. Snip off ends of sausages and squeeze out the meat. Put the meat from the skins and get them in a bowl. Make meatball stuffing. To keep this prepared, add on the bread by breaking them into crumbs or pieces. This can be done with a food processor as well. Once that is done, add them to a bowl and crack an egg on top. Grate the lemon skin on top of the mixture and add it as zest. Use your hands or a spoon to combine them all together. Place the mixture on the baking dish.
- Bake the meat stuffing. This can be done after the baking dish is covered with a tin foil and it is baked for the total time duration of 45 minutes. The dish should be cooked for a further time period of 15 minutes before serving and with the tin foil removed.
- The stuffing can be made and cooled to store away.
- Other ingredients can be added to the vegetable stuffing as well.