Gluten Free Vegan Brownie Recipe
- 2 batches of flax eggs and 5 tablespoons of water. Adjust if you alter the batch size
- ½ cup of melted butter
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of walnuts or peanuts
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/3 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of a blend of gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup of almond meal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Take an 8×8 inch pan and grease it. You can also take a baking dish. Use coconut oil to grease the dish or pan. Thereafter, line up the pan using parchment paper.
- Take a small mixing bowl and prepare the flaxseeds. Now, keep it aside. Now, take a big mixing bowl to add coconut oil or melted vegan butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and also vanilla extract. Mix it together by whisking it thoroughly. Whisk till the coconut sugar dissolves completely.
- Add flax eggs to the mix and whisk till it combines. After this, add the baking powder, cocoa powder, sea salt, and whisk properly. Take the batter and add it to a baking dish that you have prepared. Spread the butter evenly using your spatula. Add some more toppings if you want like nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake the batter for 15-20 minutes or till the edges appear to be dry. The center shouldn’t be wet or sticky any longer. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool. Let it rest for one hour. If you do not have so much of time in hand then allow it to rest for at least ten minutes. Thereafter, lift it off the pan gently. Take a sharp knife and cut it into squares. Make as many as you can.
- These taste great on their own but if you want you can also have it with coconut ice-cream or coconut whipped cream. Store these brownies in a container that is airtight. If you put it in the freezer, you can have it for a month.
- If you do not want almonds, you can try substituting it for some other nut or seed such as hazelnut or walnut.