- 1 ¾ cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of soya milk
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ¼ cup of baking soda
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon of applesauce
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1/3 cup of vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon of matcha green tea powder
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon of soy milk
- Take a mixing bowl and add baking soda, flour, salt, and sugar. Mix it well. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Add vanilla extract, soya milk, vinegar, oil, and applesauce. Now, mix it using a hand blender. Keep mixing till there are no lumps. In case there are small lumps, mix for one or two seconds more.
- Take your cupcake tray and line it up using cupcake liner. Pour your cupcake batter into a jug. This makes it easier for you to pour out the batter in an even manner in twelve cupcake molds. Place the mold in the oven and bake for till a toothpick that you insert comes out clean or for 25 minutes. Take out the mold and put it over a cooling rack. Allow the cupcakes to cool down prior to frosting. Add powdered sugar, vegan butter, soya milk and the matcha green tea powder to one electric mixing bowl.
- Start mixing it at a low speed and increase the speed gradually. Keep it till become creamy and smooth. Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes and serve. You can top it up with sprinkles or some other decorations you want.
- If you do not like soya milk, you can use almond milk.
- In case you have extra virgin olive oil, use a different vegetable oil such as canola oil.
- You might not require the entire amount of soya milk for the frosting. If the vegans butter brans that you are using has high water content you might have to use less soya milk. Thus, add gradually till it has the right consistency. In case it becomes too thin, you can add some confectioner sugar. And when too thick, add more soya milk.