Gluten Free Vegan Pancake Recipe
- Less than one teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2/3 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Instead of using xanthan gum or banana for holding the pancakes together, use flax seed. Take one tablespoon of ground flaxseed and mix it with 2 ½ tablespoons of water. Whisk the mixture together and put it aside for five minutes so that it thickens up. Now, take one big mixing bowl and add apple cider vinegar, non-dairy milk for creating vegan buttermilk. Add vanilla, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and ultimately the flaxseed mix. Stir the mixture to incorporate the mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients and the dry elements together in a bowl. Stir the mix. Since you are using gluten free flour, you need to be careful because there is a chance that you might over-mix it. This, in turn, can give you rubbery pancakes. However, whisk it thoroughly so that there no lumps. Just as regular pancakes, put the skillet over the flame and allow it to heat up. Make sure that it is very hot as this will give you fluffy pancakes. Pour in a drop on oil in the non-stick skillet and reduce the flame to medium-high. Take a paper towel, spread the oil evenly, and then wipe away the excess oil.
- Test a pancake first. Take ¼ cup of the mix for making a perfect four-inch pancake and pour it over the hot skillet. Keep in mind that if you do not get to hear a sizzle, the oil might not be ready. Wait for ninety minutes and let large bubbles to form. When you see them, flip it; cook the pancake for another sixty seconds. In case the batter is too thin or thick on the test pancake, you can add another 1-2 tablespoon non-dairy milk or flour, respectively. Thereafter, continue ¼ measures till you have used up all the batter. Top the pancakes with chocolate, maple syrup, coconut whipped cream, or peanut butter.
- The pancakes can be cooled completely by stacking and wrapping tightly, then keep it in frozen till it is ready to use.