Gluten Free Vegan Pasta Recipe
- 1 cup of brown rice flour
- 2 cups of corn flour and some more for sprinkling
- 1 cup of hot water or as required
- Take a processor and take both the flours. Now, put the lid of the food processor and switch it on. Now, take hot water and pour it through the sprout. At first, the mixture is going to appear like cornmeal. Thereafter, it will start forming tiny little balls that whirl around the work bowl. Ultimately, after a few minutes, you will find a big ball in the center.
- Allow the food processor to go for another thirty seconds for kneading the dough. Now, turn it off. Take out the dough from the processor and it is going to be pretty pliable and warm. Take the dough and flatten it out like a pancake that is a half inch thick. Cut it into quarters. Cover it up with the help of a dry towel. Allow the dough to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Take some semolina flour or all-purpose flour and sprinkle surface that is clean and dry. Now, put 1 of the 4 pieces of dough on the surface. Take a rolling pin and roll this as thinly as you can. Keep in mind that it is going to expand when you cook. Make it 1/8 inch thick or as thick as an envelope that will create rustic, chewy, and country-style pasta. When you have rolled out all the dough into sheets, take a pizza cutter or a knife to cut as you want. Do it one sheet at the time.
- You can it into any width you want. All you have to do is make sure that it suits the sauce that you will be making. You can make fettuccine, lasagna, pappardelle, or spaghetti out of it. Get a pot of boiled salted water and then cook the pasta for 2-3 minutes till it is al dente. Now, serve the pasta with the sauce that you like. In order to store the pasta, toss the pasta with some flour for keeping it from sticking and wrap it using a plastic wrap. You can also use a container for this. Then put it in the refrigerator it for 2-3 days.
- When you make gluten free pasta allow it to rest even when no-gluten form. This way it will be much smoother.