Gluten Sensitive Pizza Recipes for Home
For those who are looking at healthy and gluten free pizza recipes, here are two ways to try the gluten free versions at home.
An easy gluten free pizza
- Dough mix for gluten free pizza, 375 grams
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of diced onions
- A small teaspoon of salt
- One and half cups of canned tomato puree
- One fourth teaspoon of sugar
- Half a teaspoon of dried oregano
- Pepper, half a teaspoon
- Shredded mozzarella, eight ounces
- Two small bell pepper, green and red
- Pitted black olives
- Ten basic leaves
How to prepare?
The dough needs to be prepared as directed. In a pan, warm oil and sauté the onions after which you need to add in the tomato puree, pepper and oregano. Once the sauce has simmered, arrange two baking sheets and spray cooking oil. Divide the dough and pour the sauce on each of them. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top. Bake as per directed or till the cheese melts and the crust turns golden.
Tips to make gluten free pizza crust
For those who wish to have pizza, but have gluten sensitivity, they can refer to this method to make the gluten free dough. Here are some tips that are provided to whip up gluten free dough:
- Ensure that the kitchen surfaces are gluten free before you begin. You might have made something with wheat flour before and there could be chances of cross contamination. Hence, even if you have purchased a gluten free dough mix, ensure that the kitchen counter surface is free of any wheat flour.
- Try out different ingredients. When you are trying to make gluten free pizza, you will have several choices in flours. There is something unique in every different types of flour in the market and it would be nice to experiment with them. For instance, you will find that tapioca flour adds a chewy texture to the food while rice flour helps to add on texture and bulk to the pizza dough. Hand ground sunflowers are also added for a unique flavor and a fatty attribute to the crust.
- The next tip to follow is that; allow the fermentation process to take place. For that reason, when making pizza dough, mix and allow the starchy ingredients to sit and absorb the moisture which will lead to a good crust.
- If you want crispiness, it is best to double bake the crust. Once you have laid out the dough, bake it in a pan before you top it up and bake it in the oven.
- Ensure that you grease the pan generously before baking as the gluten free dough usually is sticker than the traditional wheat flour based pizza dough.
For those who are looking for easy and homemade pizza recipes, here is another helpful article – A Simple Pizza that can be Made at Home. This webpage as well as others will help you to find ideas that are easy to implement at home.