Hawaiian Chicken Noodle Soup
You can feed your family with this flavorful and healthy soup containing chicken and bok choy. Follow the direction carefully to prepare a speedy meal.
Benefits of Hawaiian chicken noodle soup
Soups when added to our diet can offer various health benefits. The nutrients in the soups keep you energized. This Hawaiian chicken noodle soup contains a healthy amount of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, fats and other minerals. This soup is easy to make and fills your stomach easily. So, you can consider having this soup alone for meals, if you are trying to reduce your weight. This is a delicious soup, which will give you great comfort when you are having cold or when you are sick. You can find the recipe for Mexican Chicken Soup for a Heart Warming Meal by Clicking this Link.
Ingredients for Hawaiian chicken soup
- Uncooked vermicelli noodles or cellophane bean threads- 1 packet
- Chicken breasts -3 nos
- Chicken broth- 1 quart
- Sliced onions -1/2 cup
- Chopped garlic- 3 cloves
- Fish sauce -1 tbsp
- Soysauce-1 tbsp
- Chopped ginger -1 tsp
- Bay leaves- 2 nos
- Chopped bok choy- 2 cup
- Black pepper ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Warm water – as required
- Take a large bowl and put the bean thread noodles in it. Now pour warm water till it covers the noodles by one inch. Keep aside the noodles for about 15 minutes to make it soft. Drain the noodles after 15 minutes. If required, cut the noodles into smaller lengths.
- Put the chicken breasts in a vessel and pour enough water to cover it by a couple of inches. Cook the chicken on moderate fire till it cooks completely and the juices are clear. This will take at least 7-10 minutes. Make sure that the center of the chicken is no longer pink in color.
- Place the cooked chicken breasts on a chopping board and shred them into strands using two forks. After shredding, place the chicken back into the pot of boiling chicken stock.
- Keep the fire at medium and add onion, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce and bay leaves. Add salt and pepper as required.
- Bring the liquid to boil and now adds the soaked and softened vermicelli noodles into it. Cook till the noodles become translucent.
- Stir in the chopped bok choy into the liquid and boil for two minutes or till the leaves start to wilt.
- Serve the soup when it is still hot.
The fish sauce, soy sauce, bay leaves, garlic, ginger and pepper, add flavor to this healthy soup. Bok choy adds nutrients and fibers in this hearty meal option. The ingredients are easily available and the cooking time required is less than 30 minutes. Hence, it is easy to prepare. You can increase the amount of chicken and reduce the vermicelli content if you want to reduce the carbohydrates in the soup. This is an easily digestible soup and hence is good for people of all ages. You can include this soup on your dinner menu.