HCLF Vegan Recipes
- ½ cup of broth of vegetable or pure water
- 1 clove of garlic, properly minced
- 1 cup of brown rice, should be uncooked
- 1/3 red colored onion, finely diced
- A small piece of fresh jalapeno, approximately ½ inch, should be diced small (not compulsory)
- 1 bell fresh pepper, properly diced
- ¼ cup of properly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup of fresh sweet corn
- A good pinch of pepper and sea salt
- 1 can of black beans, should be rinsed and drained
For Fiesta Lime Sauce
- ¼ cup of fresh water
- Juice squeezed out of 2 limes
- ½ teaspoon of fresh cumin
- Pepper and sea salt, as per taste
- 1 teaspoon of pure syrup of maple
- ¼ cup of fresh properly chopped cilantro
- Some extra slices of jalapeno
- Cook the rice. Start making the dish by firstly cooking the brown colored rice. And make sure that you are following the instructions and directions given on its package if any. Now, pick a medium sized saucepan. And then, in the same saucepan, heat the broth made up of fresh vegetable or water. And also, sauté the jalapeno, cloves of garlic, red-colored onion, pepper and sea salt for a time duration of about 5 minutes. And sauté it on a medium flame, and add some extra water or broth of fresh vegetables is required. After this, add some bell peppers and thereafter cook it for the time duration of around 5 to 7 minutes until they become properly soft. Now, reduce the flame, and then stir in the fresh sweet corn, properly chopped cilantro and black beans, just in order to get heated up.
- Combine the obtained ingredients. At last pick a large sized bowl. And then, in the large-sized bowl, combine the properly sautéed vegetables and the rice. Make sure that they are properly and evenly combined. Then, in another small sized bowl, mix all the obtained ingredients for the sauce of fiesta lime until they get well combined. Finally, pour it into the bowl then blend all of them together. Now, the dish is ready. So serve it until it is warm. And enjoy your delicious and healthy dish.
- You can also eat the dish when it is cold. It’s up to you whether to eat it hot or cold.
- If you want to preserve the leftovers, just keep them in a refrigerator. However, the leftovers can also be preserved for 3 to 4 days.