Healthy Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mint sprigs.
- 2 tablespoons of roasted almond pieces
If you are looking for a healthy smoothie recipe for kids, this berry smoothie can definitely impress you. It is easy to prepare and rich in nutrients like vitamin C and antioxidants. Besides almonds, Greek yogurt makes the drink a high-protein cocktail that can keep you active for the rest of the day.
- Add blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries into a big bowl. If you are using fresh strawberries, wash them well and remove the hulls before adding to the bowl.
- Add apple juice and non-dairy milk. Instead of apple juice, you can also add chopped apple pieces. In the case of non-dairy milk, you can choose either sweetened almond or cashew milk. Both are rich in taste and full of nutrients.
- Chop the banana into big pieces and add them to the mixture. Use a firm banana if you want a thick smoothie. Add honey and vanilla Greek yogurt. You can use sweetened yogurt to enhance the overall taste. However, it can add up calories.
- Add 1 tablespoon almond pieces and mix all the ingredients with a spoon. If you want a cooling effect, refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes before preparing the drink.
- Transfer the contents into a blender and blend for around 30 to 40 seconds. Check the consistency and taste. Make necessary additions and blend again if needed. When you are done, pour the smoothie into glasses and garnish with leftover almond pieces and mint sprigs.
Instead of sweetened yogurt and sweetened non-dairy milk you can use plain yogurt and unsweetened milk to make the smoothie healthier.