- 3/4 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoons of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons crushed walnuts
- 1 ice cube
This blueberry smoothie is a great way to make your weight-loss diet plan all the more effective and less difficult to follow. It has some of the choicest ingredients that can make your body energetic and well-prepared for the next workout session. For best results, have it for your breakfast or as a brunch.
- Wash the blueberries and drain the water. Refrigerate them for 30 minutes before making the drink. This would make your smoothie cooler and thicker. It would also keep your smoothie fresher for a longer time in room temperature. Note that, instead of fresh blueberries you can use frozen ones to get the same benefits.
- Add the blueberries into a mixing bowl and pour the vanilla almond milk. Use only unsweetened milk in order to avoid extra calories. Add almond butter and vanilla protein powder. Select a plant-based protein for better weight-loss benefits.
- Add lemon juice, water, and ice cubes. If you prefer more ice cubes you can avoid adding water. Add 1 teaspoon of crushed walnuts and keep the rest for garnishing. Walnut is a great ingredient that has tons of health benefits.
- Blend all the ingredients until the mixture is smoothly pureed. Transfer the smoothie into a large glass and top it with leftover walnut pieces. Serve immediately to enjoy the chilled drink. You can also refrigerate it and preserve the freshness for 10 to 12 hours.
Add a tablespoon of honey to make the drink sweeter and more nutritious. Honey is a great weight-loss food that can accelerate metabolism and improve your energy levels.