Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
- 2 small apples
- 1 medium-sized banana
- 1/2 cup of thick coconut water
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 2 fresh black dates
- 2 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 5 fresh strawberries
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 teaspoons of crushed almonds
This is yet another delicious version of the popular apple banana smoothie which is known for its enriching taste and health benefits. It is not only a quick breakfast recipe but also a delicious drink that combines the richness of some of the most nourishing fruits. The healthy and wholesome drink is ideal for kids as well.
- Peel the apples and cut them into pieces. Also, chop the bananas and add both the fruits into a big mixing bowl.
- Add coconut water and non-dairy milk. Toss the ingredients with a spoon. Almond milk is one of the best non-dairy milk you can choose. It contains lesser calories and more vitamins.
- Wash the dates and remove the seeds. Add them to the mixture along with honey and mint leaves. You can use Medjool dates for a richer taste.
- Wash the strawberries and cut off the hulls. Chop them into pieces and add to the mixture.
- Add cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon of crushed almonds, and ice cubes. Blend the mixture in a high-powered blender and serve within 30 to 40 minutes. You can refrigerate it if you need to preserve the drink for later use. Before serving, use the remaining crushed almond pieces for garnishing.
- You can make the smoothie naturally sweeter by adding a few cherries. Cherries are rich in vitamin C and can make the smoothie thicker and more delectable.
- Those who are on a weight-loss diet can replace bananas with fruits like grapes or papaya. Papaya is a low-calorie fruit that can accelerate the slimming process.