Healthy Chicken Soup Recipes for Weight Loss
- One and a half pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs cut in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 leek cleaned properly and sliced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced in small coins
- 3 chopped celery stalks
- 2 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 turnip peeled and chopped
- 1 butternut squash peeled and chopped (optional)
- 2 container of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley leaves
- Half pound of cooked pasta or 2 cups of cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take a pot and two tablespoons of oil on medium flame. Add chopped garlic, onions, and leeks. Saute them for two to three minutes. Make sure that you stir the vegetables from time to time so that it doesn’t burn or start browning. Add the remaining vegetables to the pot. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to saute for two to three minutes more.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pot of cooked vegetables. Add salt and pepper once again. Cook for two to three minutes. Pour the two cans of the chicken stalk. Add the chopped parsley to the chicken and vegetables. Allow the soup to boil. Once it starts to boil, lower the flame. Allow the chicken soup to cook for ten minutes until the chicken is tender, soft, and juicy. If you find a lot of oil over the soup, simply skim it off with the ladle and then discard it.
- Take the half pound of pasta and cook it in a pot of heavily salted water. Allow it to cook till it is al dente. The pasta is going to cook and expand in the chicken soup. So, make sure that you do not overcook the pasta. Also, do not rinse the pasta. Add the pasta to the chicken soup after it is cooked and you have taken it off the heat. Serve hot with grated parmesan soup.
NOTES – You add some other vegetables to the soup if you want, such as beans, cabbage, or escarole. You can also the serve the soup with rice other than pasta.