- 6 boneless chicken breasts without the skin
- 1 lb of sliced mushrooms
- Half cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz pimientos
- 1 cup of frozen green peas
- Half cup divided white wine
- 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 1 lb whole grain spaghetti
- ¼ cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped black olives
- Take the chicken and place it on a large pan. Fill the pan with water (around 4 quarter). Thereafter, bring the water to boil. Check if the chicken is cooked through and then remove the chicken from heat. Shred the chicken breast using a fork. You can also use the paddle attachment that comes with a stand mixer. Reserve the cooked chicken broth in a bowl.
- Melt two tablespoon butter in one large skillet. Add the sliced mushrooms, one-fourth cup of white wine, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook the mixture over medium to high heat for eight to ten minutes. Make sure that you stir it from time to time till the liquid has evaporated from the skillet. Remove the mushroom and keep it aside on a plate.
- Pour the reserved broth in a pot and bring it to boil. Take the spaghetti, break it in half, and add to the boiling liquid. Cook it for eight minutes or till the noodles are cooked through. Drain and reserve the broth.
- Add six tablespoon of butter to the skillet and sprinkle flour. Whisk it to mix it evenly and form a consistent mixture. Cook for two minutes. Add the reserved broth to the mixture and whisk it continuously. Add the milk and the remaining cup of wine along with pepper and salt if required. Bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the flame and allow it to cook till it is thick enough. Remove the mixture from heat and add one cup of parmesan cheese. Stir it properly.
- Add the chicken, mushroom, pimientos, chopped olives, and peas to the sauce. Mix is. Taste the seasoning and add if required. Add the boiled spaghetti and mix it with the sauce and vegetables.
- Add this to a baking dish. Bake it for ten minutes at 350 degrees. Top with some grated parmesan cheese and serve hot.
NOTES – You can add more vegetable of your choice into the spaghetti.