- 12 ounces of fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- 4 chicken breast in halves
- ¼ cup of chicken broth
- 1 large tomato cored and diced
- Cajun seasoning blend or Creole seasoning blend
- 4 sliced green onions
- Grated mozzarella or parmesan cheese (optional)
- Gather all ingredients. Heat the oven at 350 Fahrenheit. Take a 9 inch by 13 inches by 2 inches baking tray. Spray it with the help of a cooking spray. Place the chopped spinach in the baking dish and sprinkle with pepper and salt to taste.
- Add the chicken broth to the chicken. Take the chicken and place in between wraps and sheets of plastic and lightly pound until you get an even thickness. Sprinkle pepper and the seasoning blend. In case the seasoning blend doesn’t contain salt, add some salt to the chicken.
- Arrange the chicken pieces over the spread of spinach. Add the chopped green onion and diced tomato on top of it. Cover the baking pan using a foil and bake the spinach and chicken for twenty minutes.
- Uncover the baking tray and then bake it for another fifteen minutes or till the chicken is properly cooked a 165 Fahrenheit. If you want, you can grate parmesan cheese on top of the chicken and tomato just five minutes before you take out the baking tray. Serve it on a plate and enjoy.
- Top parmesan cheese before serving the dish.
- Make the chicken with skin and bone. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium flame. Place the pieces of chicken over the hot oil and keep the side of skin down. Cook for three to five minutes or till the chicken skin is brown. Turn the chicken and allow it to be brown on the other side. Arrange the pieces of chicken over the spinach keeping the skin side upwards. Now, bake as per the directions are given above but after the foil is removed make sure that you cook for thirty minutes.
- Replace the given seasoning with spiced blackened seasoning.
- Top with one or half cup of mozzarella cheese ten minutes before you take out the dish from the oven.