Healthy Chicken Thigh Crock Pot Recipes
- 1 and 1/2 pounds of boneless chicken
- 1/2 cup of tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of reduced sodium hot sauce
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon of cornstarch (optional)
- Prepare the crock pot. Take a 4 or 5-quart cooker. Add the chicken pieces to it properly on the base. Do not pile them up or else they will not be cooked evenly. You can take boneless and skinless chicken thighs for this. But, if you don’t get those pieces, anything boneless or even dark meat is fine. Try to avoid bones because they can ruin the stock, but slight bones with a lot of chicken or meat are still fine.
- Prepare the sauce mixture. Take a small bowl now. Pour the ketchup, the sauces, honey and garlic and the pepper flakes to it. Take a spoon or anything to whisk them well. This is important because once the sauce goes into the cooker, you cannot mix them afterwards. Prepare the mixture well and enough. Finally, pour all this over the chicken pieces. Drench them completely and generously. Use something to coat them well with this.
- Cook them now. Cover the crockpot cooker. Allow the flame to high heat and let the meat cook for 3 to 4 hours. Check when the meat easily shreds, remove it then. You can now remove the chicken pieces and shred them evenly with a fork or, just let them be whole.
- Prepare some more sauce. Now, having all done, add some water and cornstarch, mix them well. Pour them into the sauce into the cooker, and let them heat for some 20 more minutes. The sauce shall continue to thicken and blend nicely.
- Serve the chicken with rice. Spread some sesame seeds over them. Pour about two to three tablespoon of sauce over it.
NOTES – Prepare some brown rice to serve with it. Also, boiled rice can be used. If the stock gets dry, you can always add some more later.