- Flour 1/2 cup
- Paprika 1/2 tablespoon
- Cayenne pepper 1/4 tablespoon
- Butter 2 tablespoon
- Hot sauce approx 1/4 cup
- Minced garlic 1 clove
- Dashed black pepper 1
- Salt to taste
- Chicken wings about 10
- Mixing everything together to start with. First, we will prepare the base for the wings. Take a small bowl, mix together the paprika, flour, cayenne pepper, and salt. Place the chicken wings on a large plate, and generously sprinkle this flour mixture over it. Coat them well because this will give the crispiness.
- Refrigerate the wings now. After you are done with the sprinkling, generously, place the wings on a baking sheet. Now, turn them into the refrigerator for about an hour. Keeping it under cold makes the batter stick together properly. This helps the coatings blend. The crispiness is all about this step. This completes your preparation time of 1 hr and 15 minutes.
- Now comes the baking part. This should take about 30 minutes. You are supposed to preheat the oven to 204 degrees C or 400 degrees F. Take care with the hot items when doing the first time. Bake these wings about 15 minutes per side. Check till the color around the bones turns from pink to brownish and the juices get dry. Initially, you shall find it runny like water but after baking, they should dry up. You can also see the reddish and burnt texture on the wings. Once done, remove and keep it outside in the open.
- Prepare the sauce to go with it. Combine the butter, the hot sauce, black pepper, and garlic in a small pan or bowl and heat it a little. Cook and stir it slowly at low heat till the mixture gets blended properly. You can see it happening so. It might take another 2 or 3 minutes. Now, you are ready with the wings and the sauce to go with it.
- Garnish the homemade healthy chicken wings now. Place the chicken wings from the baking sheet into a dish. Add the sauce all over it or just place it besides and use as a dip.
NOTES – In order to keep the crispiness, even more, take at the time of dressing. Try to keep the skin intact because it adds to the flour mixture getting brittle and crunchy. The wings would be tender and soft without it. You can have it your way.