- 1 to 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- About 500g beef, cleaned and diced
- About 300g chopped tomatoes
- About 300g kidney beans
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin seeds
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste
- 2 tablespoon chili paste
- Salt to taste
This is a healthy chili recipe that is gluten-free and worth storing for the next day. You want to prepare a filling meal for the entire family, go for this dish right away. If you don’t prepare anything else, just get some bread and serve with the same.
- Bring a large pan. Add some cooking oil, let it warm and start cooking the beef first. Once you can see it nice and brown, set it aside.
- Saute onion. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, chipotle and keep frying or cooking for a minute or so. Also, add the kidney beans now and mix a little. The sauce of the kidney beans can, tomatoes and an additional glass of water is added to the pan. Bring the mixture to boil while frequently stirring and mixing with a spatula.
- Cook for like 2 hours. Add the beef back and continue cooking for like 2 hours. Add lime juice and some wedges and serve. You can use coriander leaves too for the garnishing.
It is advised to add to chili con carne some stew of beef chunks. This can be served with rice or chapatis/flatbreads.
In an oven set at 180, cook for 3 hours, not just 2.