- 1 tablespoon of oil of olive
- 4 large sized tomatoes, should be roughly chopped
- 200 gram of brown rice (basmati)
- 300 ml of stock of vegetable
- 1 properly diced red onion
- 1 squash of butternut, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon of mild paste of curry
- A small handful of fresh coriander, properly chopped
- 3 tablespoon of free of fat yogurt (Greek)
- 400 gram of can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Cook the rice. First of all, cook the rice in properly boiling water (salted). Do it as per the instructions are given on the package. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large sized frying pan. And then cook the squash of butternut for a time duration of 2 to 3 minutes until it turns lightly brown. Thereafter, add the diced red onion and the paste of curry and fry it for approx. 4 minutes more.
- Pour over the vegetable stock. Pour it over the stock of vegetable, then cover it properly and simmer it for around 15 to 20 minutes. Or until the butternut squash becomes tender. Add all the large tomatoes and 400 gram of chickpeas. Thereafter, gently and carefully cook it for around 3 to 4 minutes or until the tomatoes become slightly soft.
- Take off the flame. At last, take off the flame and stir through the coriander and yogurt. And then, serve it with some whole meal chapattis and rice if you want.
- You can add some puree of tomato for some extra tang and if you want it to be spicier then add some extra medium powder of curry.
- Some pepper (red) can also work for some additional crunchy texture.