For Flaky Samosas
- 1 peeled and chopped russet potato
- 3 tablespoon of butter
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon of jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon of ginger, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne
- 1/3 cup of frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 box of puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- Defrost the puff pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes and preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Take a saucepan, put water and potato in it. Cook till the potato is tender. Drain the water and use a fork to mash it.
- Take the saucepan and add butter. Melt it on medium heat. Now, add onion till it is translucent. Add the ginger and jalapeno and stir it for a minute. Put in the spices along with salt to taste. Add the mashed potato, cilantro, and frozen peas.
- Use parchment paper to line the baking sheets. Take the pastry dough and roll them up in squares of 13×13 inches on a floured surface. Make a circle template using a cutter. Pick them with the fork and cut the circles in half. Put a spoonful of the filling on it. Brush egg around the edges and seal them. Brush them with egg wash again. Bake them for 20 minutes.
- If you want, you can avoid brushing eggs and use oil instead.