- Pepitas- ¼ cup
- Peeled and deveined shrimp- ½ kg
- Olive oil- 5 tbsp
- Kosher salt and black pepper- as per taste
- Red wine vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce- 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped jalapeno pepper- ¼
- Finely chopped garlic- 1 clove
- Romaine lettuce (leaves tore)- 6 cups
- Small jicama- ½
- Red onion, thinly sliced- ½
- Crumbled cotija- ½ cup
Mexican dishes have tricky names and trickier ingredients but they are rather easy to make if you know the right recipe. This dish is like a movie. It has shrimps, grill, a spectrum of ingredients adding a variety of flavors to your dish and it is healthy too. It is the perfect dish you want to try making this weekend.
- Take a rimmed baking sheet. Now spread the pepitas on it to toast them in an oven at a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes, tossing them periodically. You will get a strong aroma of cooked pepitas and that is how you will know that you are done.
- In a bowl, take oil, pepper, and salt. Then add the shrimp with cayenne and toss it till the ingredients mix well. Grill the shrimp on a medium heated grill. 3-4 minutes is ideal for grilling properly.
- In another container, mix the onion, jicama, lettuce, jalapenos, salt, black pepper, vinegar, shrimp and pepitas. Now toss it well. Sprinkle it with cotija and it is ready to serve.
While you keep adding ingredients, keep checking that the shrimp is wholly exposed to all the ingredients.
Check if the shrimps are perfectly deveined as it is the most crucial skill while making any shrimp dish.