- About 2 or 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 cup of chicken salsa
- 1 and 1/2 cup of uncooked rice
- 2 cups of chopped onions
- Salt to taste
The rice is a better way to fill up one’s tummy. A further combination of chicken broth, any meat chunks if possible, will make the meal even better. It is best for a crowd, for friends and family. You can even pair it up with something else.
- Bring a large skillet. Find a large skillet enough for the rice. Put it on the flame, and add a little oil. Put at medium heat, and stir in the onion. Once they are cooked till tender, put them aside. It would take like 5 minutes.
- Add rice now. Mix the rice into the skillet now. Keep stirring frequently till the rice turns nice and brown. Once you see the color changing, add the chicken broth to the rice. Add the salsa too. The broth will begin to absorb into the rice and the sauce will blend with it. Stir a little more and let it cook now.
- Cook more. Reduce the heat and continue cooking. Now, simmer for like 20 minutes till the liquid is readily absorbed properly. This is the final step.
- The sauce gives the rice a nice reddish tint. Serve with gravy and drink.
The rice can be cooked separately and later added to the sauce.