How to Make Cheese Fondue
- ½ pound cheese, your preferred style
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 pound fontina
- 1/3 pound gouda
- Few cloves of garlic, 3 to 4
- 1 cup dry wine
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
A nice communal aspect of this dish goes for inviting your friends over and enjoying a nice snack. This fondue can be prepared with your own style and likeness of cheese. All you need is a good quality cheese and some patience, and everyone is impressed by your culinary skills.
- Bring a bowl. First, take the cheese and grate them. You don’t have to use separate bowls for them, use the same one. Next, combine them evenly as much as possible with cornstarch. The corn should thoroughly coat the cheese.
- Get a pot or saucepan. You will need a heavy and large fondue pot for this. Set the heat to medium-low. Add the wine, brandy, lemon juice, and garlic and let it simmer for like 5 minutes or so.
- Next, add cheese. Add the cheese cornstarch mixture to the pan now and continue to mix it with a spoon. Then, allow it to simmer. Once you find it smooth, add the mustard, and brandy and mix well. Serve with assorted dips or just bread. Enjoy a lite appetizer.
You can use all kind of assorted dippers with this like broccoli, apples, tomatoes, baby potatoes and more.