How To Make Easy Vegetarian Pizza At Home?
If you happen to be a vegan, or if you love vegetarian pizzas, this recipe is for you. A good pizza is one which a crunchy crust, which is soft on the inside.
The best part about the pizza is the toppings so, be sure to add much topping as you possibly can. This recipe is an excellent way of feeding vegetable to your kids, who otherwise resist from consuming healthy veggies. You could also easily prepare it in the morning for breakfast or pack it in your kid’s lunch, for them to relish it during school hours. So here is the list of ingredients you will need to create this delicious pizza.
For a Delicious Gluten Free Pizza Recipe, Click Here.
Ingredients for the base
- 2 to 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of warm water
- ¼ tea spoon of sugar and ¼ tea spoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons of olive
- ½ tea spoon of salt
- Flour, or cornmeal for sprinkling
- Olive oil for brushing the dish
Recipe for the sauce
- 2 to 3 garlic
- 4 to 5 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of red wine, this is optional
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of basil. Dry or fresh
- 2 tablespoons of oregano, dry or fresh
- Crushed or ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 sliced bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- 8 to 9 green olives, pitted and sliced
- 8 to 9 black olives, pitted and sliced
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Dried or fresh herbs
Procedure to make the pizza dough
- Take some warm water and sprinkle some sugar in it.
- Next, add some yeast to the warm water mixture, stir and let it sit, for around 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature and you will notice that it becomes frothy.
- Next, take a bowl, add one cup of flour in it, mix in some olive oil and the yeast mixture.
- Mix it all together and add another cup of flour to it. Mix it up do that the mixture has a thick and sticky consistency. Next, add some more flour and knead it to make soft dough. The dough needs to be very springy and next apply some olive oil on it. Cover the dough very loosely and keep it at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- After two hours the dough will almost double up in size and leaven.
Procedure to make the sauce
- Firstly, you will need to blanch the tomatoes and then chop them up.
- Next heat the oil and fry chopped garlic in it.
- Next, add the tomatoes and the wine.
- Let the mixture cook uncovered for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Next, add all the herbs, the salt and pepper and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Assembling of the pizza
- Flatten the dough and give it a disk like shape. Add flour and roll the dough.
- Next put the dough on a greased pan, add some olive oil on the base, spread the tomato sauce, and top with the vegetables.
- Next sprinkle some grated cheese and in a 200 degree pre-heated over, bake the pizza for 15 to 20 minutes. Your pizza should be ready.