How to make Lavender Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate – 10 ounces [finely chopped]
- Havey cream – ½ cup and one tablespoon
- Tried lavender one tablespoon
- Butter 2 tablespoon
- Salt – a pinch
- Milk chocolate candy coating – 12 ounces
- More dried lavender for decoration – options
- Pour the chopped chocolate in a safe heat bowl of medium size
- Get an 8×8 inch pan, cling wrap it and set aside for later use
- Get a small pan and pour cream into it and heat to medium level on the stove
- Let the cream to simmer and after the first boil remove it from the stove and stir continuously after adding dried lavender into it
- Cover the saucepan with a tight fitting lid and let it set at room temperature for almost 10 to 12 minutes. It will let the cream to have the lavender flavor and aroma.
- After 12 minutes remove the lid and put the pan back on the stove and heat it until simmer
- Pass the hot cream through a mesh strainer and pour on the sopped chocolate and strain out the lavender
- Let the cream to soften the chocolate and wait for one minute
- Mix the combination and make it smooth and shiny
- Add butter and a pinch of salt to the mixture and mix it to prepare your ganache
- It’s time to pour the mix into a prepared pan of 8×8 and level it properly
- Now wrap a layer of cling wrap on top of the ganache and press it to don’t let the chocolate form a skin. Let it set to the room temperature.
- Once it settled on room temperature, now move it to the fridge for about 90minutes. Check its firmness and ensure its all set to cut.
- Once the ganache is all set, then remove it from the pan.
- Melt the candy coating and spread a thin layer over the ganache.
- Flip the coated ganache in a tray and remove the plastic wrap
- Cut the ganache in squares and dip it into candy melt for a good quote and then let is set.
- Sprinkle dried lavender on the chocolate for garnishing
- Make sure to not let the steam out of the pan so the flavor will get settled properly
It is better to let the cream set with lavender for more than 15 minutes or around 20 minutes for stronger flavor