- 10 chicken wings, or drumettes
- 1 cup cornstarch
- Oil: for frying
- Sesame seeds, for Serving
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gochujang, (Korean chili paste)
- 2 cloves garlic (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (Grated)
- Mix the ingredients for the batter in a bowl until smooth with no bulges.
- Heat oil in a pot to 340°F (170°C).
- Dip a chicken into the cornstarch, shaking off excess, then dredge the wing into the batter, dripping off excess.
- Fry half of the chicken at a time for about 5-7 minutes, until lightly golden. The oil will drop to about 320°F (160°C).
- Drain the Chicken and increase the heat. Heat oil to 375°F (190°C).
- Fry the wings a second time until golden brown and crispy. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, combine all the ingredients for the sauce and stir until bubbling.
- Toss in the chicken
- Ready to serve. Enjoy!