- About 15 to 18 fresh okra pods
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
The joy of having a bunch of freshly plucked okra is unbounding. It tastes great when you prepare them slightly roasted and authentic to taste without much preparation or adulteration with other things. You can get it up in no time and enjoy as a great appetizer.
- Preheat the oven. Set the temperature to around 425 degrees F. This can take some time, so meanwhile, prepare the okra.
- Bring a plate. Wash the okra properly with your hands, just rinse well with water. Take a knife and make a slit into each one of them. You can also leave it just like that. It works both ways.
- Prepare for baking. Arrange the okra pods in one layer on a baking tray. Line it with a sheet and spray non-stick liquid over it. Then, sprinkle salt and pepper all over the okra pods. Drizzle into them with the cooking oil. Fresh olive oil is best. Bake it for like 15 minutes or so in the oven.
- Check if done. The okra pods will turn crisp from outside and tender inside. You can cut one from middle and check.
Pair this with any drink or noodles freshly made with chicken and all. It is great for a complete meal too.
Do not bake more, do a check and toss and turn if needed midway.