Immersion Blender Recipes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 2 medium heads of broccoli, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 ½ cups light coconut milk
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high.
- Add the onions and garlic. Sauté until softened and fragrant.
- Add the broccoli. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the broccoli is very tender.
- Uncover then stir in the tahini paste.
- Pour in the lemon juice and toss in the basil.
- Season with a generous pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Remove from the heat.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Warning: Watch for hot splatter when blending the soup.