For Chicken Biryani
- About 500 gm boiled basmati rice, or any rice
- About 800g to 1kg chicken, medium size
- 2 large onions thinly chopped
- 2 large tomatoes paste
- 4 cardamom
- ½ cup frying/cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
The chicken biryani is a world-famous cuisine from Arab-Indo culture and later brought to a worldwide audience. It is a great pass time to spend around an hour or more cooking a delightful dish. If you and your partner love some quality time, get together the list above and go ahead with it.
- Bring a large bowl. A bowl enough for 1 kg chicken pieces and the ingredients under marination is enough. Add some salt, like 1 teaspoon. Mix them well. The pieces should soak well in the marination for like 30 minutes.
- Take a pan. Pour oil and once heated, add cumin, cardamom, onion and saute for like 3 minutes at medium heat. Add tomato paste only when the onions are a nice brown. Fry for another 5 minutes. Now, add the ginger-garlic paste, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add chicken. Quickly add the chicken pieces to it now. Reduce to medium-low and continue stirring it to mix them evenly. Cover it with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Add rice. Pour rice, garam masala over the chicken and cook for the final 10 minutes. Serve later hot.
You can use any rice instead. Keep the biryani covered until you serve.
It is not mandatory to freeze the marination.