- 3 to 4 large onions, cubed
- 4 to 8 garlic cloves
- 2 one-inch ginger
- 4 green chilies
- 2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon cumin seeds powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
The chicken curry is a great dish to serve with rice or chapatis. There are lots of gravy and wet items that are best for main course meals. In Indian style cuisines, the masala or curry paste is of the essence. If you wish to try, give it a go. You can add it in any dish like meat curry, vegetable curry and more.
- Bring a bowl. Cut the onions into cubes, make the quarters at least. Do the same with the tomatoes. Don’t forget to wash them before cutting.
- Bring a medium size blender. Put the onions, green chilies, ginger, and garlic and process it in the food processor. Add the oil and continue mixing. This should look whitish color because of primarily onions.
- Add powders. Now, add the powders into it. Blend again. Do this for a minute now. The paste should look reddish by this time. Add the tomatoes now, and blend for a minute. You can store the same in a container in the freezer and use it.
This paste can be used for butter chicken, chicken curry, mushroom masala, and more Indian recipes.
Don’t add salt now; add it when cooking the dish.