Indian Mutton Recipe
- 1 kg / 2 pounds of fresh mutton or lamb (make sure you clean it well and cut it into pieces of medium sized)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh turmeric
- 3 tablespoons of oil (any cooking oil)
- 1 teaspoon of seeds of fennel
- 1 leaf of bay
- 1 inch of stick of cinnamon
- 3-4 pods of cardamom
- 3-4 of cloves
- 1 chopped of green chilli
- 3 chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon of paste of garlic ginger
- 5 big tomatoes, pureed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of powder of coriander
- 4 tablespoons of masala of mutton
- 2 diced or chopped potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 tablespoon of kasuri methi
- 1 tablespoon of butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon of salt
This simple Indian lamb or mutton curry will turn into your most loved bowl as it will totally melt in your mouth with food. It can be made in a weight cooker and tastes perfect with basmati rice.
- Add some fresh turmeric to mutton or lamb and rub everywhere. Put aside. Warmth the oil in a weight cooker. Now sauté seeds of fennel, a leaf of bay, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, and cloves for a moment. Include chopped green chili, chopped onions and paste of ginger garlic. Cook it up for some 8 minutes till all of the onions are shining.
- Include tomatoes, powder of coriander, lamb or mutton masala and some fresh salt. Then cook it for some 5 minutes till the fresh tomatoes are separated. Include lamb or mutton, chopped potatoes and some water and put them on top.
- In the meantime utilize a stove cooker. And cook it on high weight for a time duration of about 30-40 mins (6-7 whistles). When you are utilizing an electric pressure cooker or a moment pot, cook it up for 25 minutes. And let the pressure discharge normally.
- When the weight is discharged, open the cover and lower down the heat once more. Add a little water if the sauce is excessively thick. Blend in garam masala, kasuri methi and ghee and chili for extra 4-5 minutes. Test and modify flavoring. Give the curry one chance in order to rest for some 15 minutes before you are serving.
- Any piece of mutton or lamb is useful for this curry, yet the shoulder part works best as it has the best flavor and softens truly well.
- Meat masala is effectively accessible at Indian stores.
- Don’t overcook the meat.
- Don’t preserve the meat outside the refrigerator.